Darrell Castle: Forget the Corrupt GOP
Beyond the fanfare and drama of the Democratic and GOP campaigns for the presidency are the third or minor parties. Because these candidates are driven by conviction rather than a likely chance at power, they tend to shoot from the hip, and that is why Darrell Castle was such a welcome guest on the show.
Castle is the candidate for the Constitution Party, a party that stands for no compromise on adherence to the US Constitution. A Tennessee lawyer, he could loosely be called paleoconservative, but he is very libertarian in his orientation. His party first came to my attention in 2004, and its history dates back to 1991, when it was called the US Taxpayers' Party.
- Castle 2016.
- The Castle Report podcast.
- The US Constitution. See Article 1, Section 8.
- Biography: "Howard Phillips: The Conservative's Conservative."
- "Vietnam Vet's Memior Shows Why We Repeat the Same Tragic Mistakes," a review of The Brutality of War by Fergus Hodgson in the PanAm Post.
- "Dismissing Bob Barr, Ron Paul Endorses Constitution Party Candidate," in the Wall Street Journal.
- "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not More than the Marriage Penalty?" by Fergus Hodgson with the John Locke Foundation.
Fergus Hodgson (@FergHodgson) is an economic consultant and Gold Newsletter's digital-media director.