Indebted Students Have Themselves to Blame
Bob Zadek has no sympathy for college students with mountains of debt. In his new book, the lawyer, lecturer, lender, and libertarian radio host makes the case against modern universities.
He contends college is a useful investment only if one learns a marketable trade, and that the rest of society shouldn’t bear the cost of poor career choices.
However, the prevailing bias for college degrees is so strong and widespread, he doesn’t see an end to the bubble just yet.
- Connect with Bob on Twitter or Facebook and listen to The Bob Zadek Show.
- “Trump Vows to ‘Fix’ Student Loan Debt,” CNN.
- “Student Loan Debt Statistics In 2019: A $1.5 Trillion Crisis,” Forbes.
- The Bubble: How Higher Education Abandoned its Mission and Became America’s Most Over-Rated Product.
- Secret Sauce: The Founders’ Original Recipe for Limited American Democracy.
- Power to the States: How Federalism 2.0 Can Make America Governable Again.
If You Liked This Episode
- “Higher Education Coming Apart,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Jenna Robinson: The Higher-Education Arms Race,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Paths to a Financial Education,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Escape the Education Conveyor Belt,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.