See Beyond the Obvious with Economics
The world is full of people behaving in ways that don’t make sense at first glance. Economics is a tool to help you understand seemingly inexplicable actions.
Steven Landsburg, a University of Rochester economics professor, has written several books that introduce the economic way of thinking to a lay audience. The rationale, he writes, can be summed up best in four words: “People respond to incentives.”
Understanding the power of incentives gives one a leg up as a businessman and investor, but also as a citizen trying to penetrate a world awash with confusion.
- Follow Steven on Twitter and visit his blog, which he updates weekly.
- Get his latest book, Can You Outsmart an Economist?
- Read The Armchair Economist: Economics and Everyday Life.
- Read Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman.
- Watch Friedman’s classic television series Free to Choose.
If You Liked This Episode
- “Is the World Getting Freer?” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Economic Freedom versus Populism” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
New Orleans Investment Conference
- Audio and video recordings now available for order!