Why Blockchains Are Here to Stay
Bitcoin was the first successful application of the blockchain, but will it survive after central banks and regulators step in?
Financial expert Demelza Hays from Liechtenstein walks us through the basics of blockchains and recommends some cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on.
She argues that even if bitcoin eventually succumbs, the idea of global, privately minted coins that are not political will prevail.
- Follow Demelza on Twitter and Facebook.
- Check out the latest edition of Incrementum’s Crypto Research Report.
- Swiss financial authorities’ guidelines on initial coin offerings.
- The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking by Saifedean Ammous.
- Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas Antonopolous.
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies by Arvind Narayanan et al.
- Explore more topics with free lectures from the University of Nicosia’s MSC in Digital Currency.