Alternative Investments: For Beta, Not Alpha
Plenty of misunderstanding remains regarding what alternative-asset classes are and how investors should incorporate them into their portfolios.
Bill Kelly, CEO of the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association (CAIA), warns that those who see private equity, hedge funds, or precious metals as absolute investment vehicles are in for a disappointment.
Rather than achieving alpha, Kelly argues that alternative investments help diversify risks and limit exposure to market turns.
- Connect with Bill on Twitter and visit CAIA’s website.
- “Why about Beta?,” AllAboutAlpha.
- Read Bill’s column on AllAboutAlpha.
- Get your daily investment news from Barrons.
If You Liked This Episode
- “Alternative Investments 101,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Paths to a Financial Education,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Why Every Investor Needs a Tribe,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Master Data as a Lay Investor,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.