China Prepares for Dollar Collapse, Hoards Gold
China’s bottomless appetite for gold and other hard assets is at the back of every financial analyst’s mind.
For David Brady, CEO and co-founder of Global Pro Traders, there is no doubt that China and Russia believe a US dollar plunge is on the horizon. He is a CFA charterholder with degrees in business and finance from Dublin City University.
He argues that the Chinese are hoarding more gold than they let on in preparation for a coming global financial reset. When central banks revert back to another round of interest-rate cuts and quantitative easing, he contends, then everything but the dollar will take off.
- Follow David on Twitter and visit Global Pro Traders.
- Read “Fed Adopts ‘Patient’ Rate Stance With Balance-Sheet Flexibility” on Bloomberg News.
- Read “China Scoops Up More Gold for Reserves as Global Risks Mount” on Bloomberg News.
- Get a copy of The Coming Collapse of China by Gordon Chang.
If You Liked This Episode
- “Game Theory for Gold,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Brace Yourself for Macro Turbulence,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Gold: For Insurance, Not Profit,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Why the Future Looks Bright for Gold,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.