Dark Financial Clouds Forming in 2019
Doomsayers have for decades claimed that the collapse of the global financial system is just around the corner, yet here we are in 2019 with a strong US dollar and a ballooning public debt.
Chris Martenson, nevertheless, believes several economic trends are coming together this year to build the perfect storm. A researcher in energy and resource depletion with a PhD in pathology from Duke University, he left academia and the corporate world to found Peak Prosperity, a publication that helps people navigate a changing future.
He argues that recent decisions by central banks have pushed the economy into uncharted territory and that the massive credit unleashed in the past is coming home to roost.
- Visit Peak Prosperity‘s website and follow it on Facebook and Twitter.
- Read “2019: The Beginning of the End” on Peak Prosperity.
- “Have Central Banks Lost Their Nerve?,” Financial Times.
- “Europe’s Economic Outlook Goes From Bad to Worse Amid EU Warning,” Bloomberg News.
- “Darkening ‘Global Economic Skies’ Pull Stocks Lower,” Kitco News/Reuters.
If You Liked This Episode
- “Prepare for Uncharted Waters,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Brace Yourself for Macro Turbulence,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Fed Unwinding Means Imminent Recession” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “The Calm before the Storm: Defaults Ahead” Gold Newsletter Podcast.