Dennis Gartman: Bitcoin Is a Substitute for Nothing
Amid the cryptocurrency euphoria, few have passed on the opportunity to invest in bitcoin or altcoins. Meet Dennis Gartman, who argues that they have no intrinsic value and only serve for speculation.
A world-renowned financier and commodities expert, he has published the Gartman Letter since 1987, which goes out daily to leading banks, hedge funds, and mutual funds.
Despite his bitcoin skepticism, he touts its underlying technology, the blockchain, as revolutionary. He argues that decentralized ledgers will disrupt mortgage registries, container shipping, and much more.
- Visit the Gartman Letter.
- Read “Dennis Gartman Says Stay Away from Bitcoin, but Other Investors See Opportunity ” on CNBC.
- Read “Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman’s Retirement Account” on Bloomberg.
If You Liked This Episode
- “Why Bitcoin Is Here to Stay” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Tone Vays: Demystifying the Blockchain, Avoiding Digital Snake Oil,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Why Blockchains Are Here to Stay” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
New Orleans Investment Conference
- Audio and video recordings now available for order!