The Tech Bubble Is Back
Gordon Gekko said “greed is good.” Mike Larson, a senior analyst with Weiss Ratings, says “boring is good.” If you want long-term returns, “boring will make you money.”
Larson contends there is a vast overvaluation of tech stocks, along with many others, on account of both hype and easy credit—likely worse than in the late 1990s. In this episode he notes near universal IPO failures and mounting corporate debts as compelling reasons for conservative investing.
- Connect with Larson on Twitter and visit Weiss Ratings.
- Add back: “Adjusted EBITDA,” Investopedia.
- Dot.Con: How America Lost Its Mind and Money in the Internet Era (416 pages, 2009), John Cassidy.
If You Liked This Episode
- “A Bubble Like Never Before,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Dark Financial Clouds Forming in 2019,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Why Boring Is Good: Beware of Tech Hype,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.