A Bubble Like Never Before
As world markets brace for another economic slowdown, investors are trying to figure out how steep the dip will be and how to protect their assets.
For David Collum, a chemistry professor at Cornell University turned financial analyst, 2019 will be a turning point. He points to the emergence of explicitly socialist campaign promises and extreme political polarization in the United States as red flags.
The Federal Reserve will try to avoid a market correction at all costs, he argues, but it cannot postpone the harsh reality forever.
- Follow David on Twitter and visit his university website.
- Read his “2018: Year in Review” report on Peak Prosperity.
- “Why I Am Not an Austrian Economist,” by George Mason University professor Bryan Caplan.
- Get a copy of Austrian School for Investors: Austrian Investing between Inflation and Deflation, co-authored by Ronald, Rahim Taghizadegan, Mark Valek, and Heinz Blasnik.
If You Liked This Episode
- “The Good News about the Next Recession,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Dark Financial Clouds Forming in 2019,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “Brace Yourself for Macro Turbulence,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.
- “China Prepares for Dollar Collapse, Hoards Gold,” Gold Newsletter Podcast.